A few of our clients...
We specialize in:
Workouts & liquidations
Need a receiver or trustee to help you through Chapter 11 bankruptcy or state-court receivership?
Asset sales & Creditor Distributions
Need to get your creditors paid in cash by divesting assets at maximum value?
Need someone to uncover hidden assets or identify where money has gone?
Expert Witness Testimony
Need a qualified expert to testify in court to resolve a financial dispute?
Maggie Lyons, President
Maggie has been involved in Chapter 11 cases & out-of-court restructurings. She specializes in bankruptcy, business reorganization, crisis management, sale of assets and distributions to creditors. Maggie has worked for debtors, unsecured & secured creditors and financial institutions in a wide array of industries both in federal and state court.
Court appointments include: US BK Examiner, Receiver, Trustee, and Special Master.
+ Receivership & Trustee Appointments Highlights
- Metropolitan Mortgage and Securities, Inc. and Summit Securities, Inc. – Court appointed trustee responsible for administration and supervision of liquidating $1B Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Spokane, WA
- Stayton Sunwest Assisted Living – Appointed in October 2012 as Joint Receiver by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon in the matter SEC v Stayton SW Assisted Living defendants – Responsible for asset liquidations, including a $24M insurance company, and ongoing distributions to creditors with claims totaling approximately $522 million
+ Bankruptcy Examiner Highlights
- Hopkins Growth Fund, LLC – Appointed Chapter 11 Examiner in July 2014 to investigate financial activities of Debtor – Submitted interim and final Examiner Reports to the Bankruptcy Court District of Idaho
+ Investigative Accounting & Expert Witness Highlights
- HOKU Corporation and HOKU Materials, Inc. – Financial analysis and expert witness testimony in Bankruptcy Court District of Idaho regarding the companies’ operations four years prior to filing bankruptcy on July 2, 2013 – Judge ruled in client’s favor
- Industrial Piping, Inc. vs HOKU Corporation – Expert witness regarding HOKU Corporation’s operations and cash management practices and its working capital
+ Disputed Family Trust Highlights
- Various court appointments as trustee, special master and conservator to resolve family trust disputes
+ Other Professional Experience Highlights
- Mountain West Bank – Board Member, appointed January 2017
- Deloitte & Touche LLP – Public Accountant
+ Civic & Volunteer Activities
- Love INC Kootenai County – Chairman
- United Way – “Bank on North Idaho” committee member
- Union Gospel Mission – Steering Committee for Center for Women and Children Kootenai County
+ Professional Licenses and Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- University of Idaho, Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 1983
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), 2002